STANDARD LIDAR BROWSE IMAGES FOR PRODUCTION RELEASE [V4.10] BROWSE DATE [2017-03-20]
Return to STANDARD V4 Browse Page → → HOME
Displayed on this page are scaled, color-modulated, altitude-time images of CALIPSO attenuated backscatter (/km/sr) including:
- 532 nm total (parallel + perpendicular) attenuated backscatter
- 532 nm perpendicular attenuated backscatter
- 1064 nm total attenuated backscatter
The orbit track locations for the entire Level 1 .hdf file are in black and the orbit track locations corresponding to this page are color coded.
For the full scale images:
- the color bars for attenuated backscatter show the colors assigned to ranges of attenuated backscatter, /km/sr
- the horizontal axes are annotated with latitude (deg) and longitude (deg)
- the vertical axes are annotated to indicate altitude in kilometers
- the date and time of the measurements are listed as UTC time
- the names of the CALIPSO data products for the Lidar Level 1 attenuated backscatter granules are included
The scaled images on this page are organized by CALIPSO data product day and night orbit granules.
The maps with a shaded background indicate nightime measurements.
There are a maximum of 4 scaled images per granule.
The orbit tracks plotted on the maps show the measurement locations for each granule.
For each granule, the scaled images are ordered from left to right and their locations along the orbit tracks are color coded as: image one, image two, image three, image four.